I'm not going to get up on my soapbox and rant, although there's tons I could say, because there are plenty of other people doing that already. I just want to make a quiet suggestion, and I'll be done.
I realize that Thanksgiving is the holiday dedicated to spending time with family and eating food, but I don't think that's what it has to be (and it sure wasn't originally). I think that if only for one year, I would like to spend Thanksgiving fasting and give the food to those who need it. In fact, if I have my way, that will be my family's ongoing tradition someday. After all, how does gluttony show thankfulness? Isn't it shown much more aptly by giving to those in need?
Furthermore, we need to remember that the "thanks" is supposed to go to God, not the grocery stores... he's the best one to give it to.
Just a couple thoughts...
No comments:
Post a Comment