If you're like me, you first consider the answer you should give. Your train of thought might run something like this: "Well, she's probably getting at something here. I should probably say someone that I look up to, maybe a pastor or something. Or maybe I shouldn't say anything, and just wait for her to make her point."
For those of you who are thinking that, I really am just wanting you to think "superhero".
For those of you who are thinking that, I really am just wanting you to think "superhero".
Good ol' Superman, fighting for truth, justice, and the American way.
I love that guy, don't you? He just stands for everything good, and looks great while doing it.
Today, though, I was really thinking about superheroes, and especially the Spiderman movies. You know how, everytime something was going wrong in the city, Spiderman knew about it, and he came to the rescue? He was a little unsure of himself at first, but he eventually found that he could use his powers for good, and he did it. It kind of reminds me of these guys, who I saw at work in real life today.
I love that guy, don't you? He just stands for everything good, and looks great while doing it.
Today, though, I was really thinking about superheroes, and especially the Spiderman movies. You know how, everytime something was going wrong in the city, Spiderman knew about it, and he came to the rescue? He was a little unsure of himself at first, but he eventually found that he could use his powers for good, and he did it. It kind of reminds me of these guys, who I saw at work in real life today.

I mean, think about it. These guys respond to the 911 dispatch (kind of like the Bat Signal) and rush to the scene of the accident. No matter how small or how large the injury, they work to heal it or settle it as best they can, before rushing the injured to the hospital. They don't shy away from danger; in fact, they run towards it, full speed. And they get personal. They'll ask the injured person's name, how she's doing... they'll give their own names, and try to cheer her up, all while doing the best they can to save her life.
They are superheroes. In every sense of the word. They do everything that Spiderman or Batman ever did. I know. I saw it.
Hey, if you know anyone who is a paramedic, thank them, ok? I know I'm going to.
(ok, ok. i know i did end up making a point out of all of that. but wasn't it a good one?)


2 comments:
Hey...it's Nonny again....back to haunt your blog :^)
thank you, nonny. and now.... i shall continue to write, in assurance of the fact that I have at least two regular readers (sorry Hannah, I really don't give you enough credit).
Post a Comment