(I seem to start a lot of stories off that way.)
First, I have to tell you that I was going to write about the number of wolf whistles I heard directed towards myself yesterday, and how many times I heard, "Boy, she's fine!" No, I wasn't flaunting ANYTHING. I was in downtown Lansing, otherwise known as "ghettoville". Fun times, I know.
Anyway, funnywise, last night has nothing on what happened this morning. I love it when things happen that are so ridiculous that you think to yourself, "Didn't I see this in a movie once?" This morning was a good example.
I was at a ...well, a clean and reputable coffee house... with a friend. We didn't have a whole lot of time before church, so we went through the drive-through to save time. My friend gave my order first: "Ok. I want a medium butter-toffee hot smoothie...." I kid you not, the guy says, "And what size would you like that? Small, Medium, or Large?" Not wanting to
embarrass him, she says,
"Medium, please." and then "Also, I would like a number 3 combo, with orange juice and a blueberry muffin." And he answers, "And would you like anything besides the smoothie?" (What?!) So she repeats it all, "number three, orange juice, blueberry muffin," and he says, "what kind of yogurt would you like?"I was laughing hysterically. What the heck was that guy doing back there, that's what I want to know. I thought it was maybe his first day, but when we finally got up to the window (after pulling some japanese-fire-drill type action), we thought he looked like a manager.
Man, I love people.
1 comment:
I love this story, it's hilarious.
Thanks for sharing.
~Emily B.
Post a Comment