On a more solemn note,
I have something I want to tell you about myself. I doubt that many will read this, but those of you who do are learning something about me that no one else knows.
Several years ago, before I was ever interested in "space" or anything seen through a telescope, I wrote a song. I had just heard of a Supernova - an exploding star - for the first time. It sounded familiar to me; a supernova blows up from the core outward into a billion little pieces. I felt like that was an explanation of my life right about then. I was about 14 years old, and I felt like my life had just exploded. Everything was going wrong. I wrote a second song, later on, that reiterated my feelings on my life "as a supernova" I kind of felt like everything was wrong.
But God can make the best thing out of the very worst thing. He brought me through that trouble, and I didn't think again about the supernova for a long time. One day, though, I stumbled across a link to a picture titled, "The Supernova: A Glorious Death." I was wondering what that meant...

This star is exploding, as you can see. Its beginning to supernova. Watch what happens as it "dies"...

This star (above) is a supernova, dying.

And this star is a "dead" star. Notice it is the most colorful of the three. However, I think the star really looks the coolest in the middle picture. Its in the process of dying...
An even cooler part of all of this is that the star doesn't just die, but creates new life as well.
This is the radioactive remnant of a supernova, which comes together to create more stars!! To me, this is unbelievable.
(This is a picture of new stars being "born".)To me, this says two things. The first is that I wasn't so very wrong when I compared my life to a Supernova. My life did feel like it was exploding into a billion little pieces. But it was a glorious death, and birthed new things. The secong thing that I have learned is that God can take any circumstance and make it beautiful. It certainly is amazing what He does with the stars. And of course, if he can do this much for the lights in the sky, how much more does He care for us?
2 comments:
Awsome Linds. I loove your insight. And I seem to recall a time in MC where you almost felt that same way:) Miss you!
I did feel quite similar at one point... you mean that time when I was crying on the floor in a big heap in the corner of the sanctuary, and saying that I just wanted to die? Yeah. I was feeling a bit depressed, wasn't I?
(That may not have been the time you were thinking of, but it certainly is the one that just came to mind for me.) Love you too!
Post a Comment