
Jones is wisdom personified, and also the main character in The Noticer. The book gives him plenty of space in which to voice his opinion, give advice, and share with others his point of view. It is those opinions, advice, and perspective that make the book so attractive to the thousands who have given it their time.
The Noticer was a fast read, not only because it houses only 156 pages, but also because it draws the reader in. It is relevant to the lives of anyone who read it, because it covers the scope of so many lifestyles and troubles. I certainly milked a good amount of imput out of it, perspective that I am considering at this time and will consider to mull over in the years ahead. I'm sure I will find myself reading it again from time to time, seeking wisdom and perspective.
I cannot claim that this book is without fault. I felt that the general writing style of the book was lacking, and there was some repetition (although purposeful). However, the content made up for the lack of unique style.
Overall, I would give this book a 4½ out of 5 stars, and recommend it heartily to anyone who is seeking change, or even just an alternate perspective on life. This could be what you've been looking for.
2 comments:
I noticed this at my store the other day.. might have to give this one a try :)
I think I have something in common with Jones...
"nonny"
Post a Comment