06 October, 2010

The Truth About... Me.

Hey all,
Unexpected, huh? I haven't posted anything of interest in about a million billion years. I can't promise I'm gonna make up for all that now, either, but I did want to say something, and I wanted to say it publicly. It's sort of a confession and a declaration mixed into one.
Yesterday, I was hanging out with some friends, and I was feeling pretty depressed. They were all playing a game which I really do like, but I was purposely excluding myself because I simply felt like isolating myself. Later, some friends were praying for this girl and talking to her, and I gave her a word, but then I found myself getting really irritated and anxious. I just wanted to walk away from them. Even later, in the evening, I was hanging out with a friend of mine and found myself acting unlike myself, so silly, saying and doing things without thinking them through first. Overall, I had a terrible day yesterday.
At midnight, though, things changed. I met up with Dennis Preston; he was doing caricatures for an event at the college. My roommate and I waited around for our turn, and then sat. And as I sat there, I found I couldn't stop laughing. Like just seeing Dennis reminded me of everything I really am or ever was, and I rejoiced to remember the truth about myself. Then, to top it off, he did a really over-the-top drawing that reveals my personality perfectly.
I so appreciated his willingness to take a risk (that I wouldn't like what he did with the drawing) and be really honest about how he sees me. It was exactly what I needed to see in that moment when I didn't remember who I was. I was being fed lies through an IV yesterday, and he poured truth into the mix. Thanks so much, Dennis.
I always want to remember who I am, but it's not always that easy. Sometimes I give up the things that will remind me (like face-time with my Father) in favor of things that don't really matter. I've been doing that way too often lately, and the mis-prioritization is really messing me up. I need to get that time in, so I can remember who I am... so I don't have more days like yesterday. And I need to continue to maintain relationships with others who remind me of the truth about myself. It's so important.
Thanks for listening. God bless,
Lindsay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) truth...you asked for truth (on f.b.)...and SomeOne gave you some...

Is it not His voice I hear saying "Welcome back, beloved child of Mine...I've been waiting for you." ???

:) <3 nonny