How many of us could say those words? There are hundreds of millions of viewers on YouTube each day, many following a certain Channel or individual, and many simply "surfing the web". I am one of those viewers.
Yes, I have a bone to pick with YouTube. They allow plenty of raunchy and disgusting material on their site, with little or no visible supervision or administration. However, this lack of set rules sort of gives it a kind of mystical freedom. It is simply a website by the people, for the people. And one of those people is Tom McLean, the dark-haired Australian vlogger with which I am obsessed.

I must explain to you, I hardly use the word "obsessed", especially when referring to myself. I suppose I hate to admit my issues, like everyone else on the face of the planet. However, this is one instance in which I feel completely at home using
the o-word.
In addition to his YouTube videos, Tom, aka "Frezned", reveals his thoughts to the world through a weekly column in his local newspaper, the "Geelong Advertiser". This newspaper, originating from his hometown of Geelong, Australia, appears to have adopted Tom as it's new boy-wonder. It distributes his column both in print and online, and holds his sometimes random words in high regard.
And so do I.
I have found myself taken with this Aussie amateur. He continues to hold my attention and fascination to the point where I am almost a cult follower of his videos, and was nearly devestated to hear that he was going backpacking in Toronto, and wouldn't be posting new videos for at least a few weeks.
The only downside of this preoccupation, beyond wasting an amount of time limited only to Tom's video-posting whims, is that he is, at times, not as careful with his language and conduct as I wish him to be. This is the sole reason why I cannot completely recommend his comedy to you. Sad, but true.
Nevertheless, I find myself in love with a YouTube vlogger that I have never known, and who lives halfway across the globe. Tom McLean, you've ruined my life.
Excuse me, but I must go. I have a certain YouTube channel I need to check on.
1 comment:
HE IS SOO FUNNY!!!
Canadian porridge...haha
Post a Comment