15 August, 2008

A Tribute

I just want to take a moment to give justice to four amazing creatures who never get any media, as far as I know. These little guys are in the background, working their hardest to do their job, as they have been since 1980. Their names are Blinky, Pinky, Inkey, and Clyde.
You may have heard of these colorfully spectral characters previously. You may have even met them as you played a game that originated off of an unusual inspiration: a pizza with one slice taken out of it. Have you guessed it yet?
If not, I have a hint for you. It was created by a man named Tohru Iwatani, and would have been called "Puck Man".
That's right. I am talking about the all-time marvel of video-game engineering... PacMan. It's a game for you, and her, and him, and them... and their cousin.
Of course, I am talking about original PacMan here. None of that "PacWorld", "Mrs.Pac", "SimPac" garbage. This is real old school gaming entertainment. And yes, I have made it available to you right here, free of charge.
Enjoy.

No comments: