17 August, 2008

Trust is a factor.

I saw a shirt yesterday at Goodwill that had a Fear Factor logo on the front. On the back it said, "For me, fear is not a factor". I was thinking about my struggle with trust, and oh boy. Well, you saw the title up there.
It didn't occur to me until yesterday that I wasn't involving God at all in my planning for school this fall. I was trying to "figure it out", but I hadn't asked His help. And boy, did I need it. He finally reminded me about two nights ago. (I guess that was when my heart and mind were finally calm enough to listen.) He reminded me that I hadn't asked His help, and that it would all be in His hands, if I was only willing. I was.
I gave it over. I didn't know how things would work out, when my family wanted me to come with them on vacation this week and I start school next week. But I told Him I trusted Him, and then I felt that He wanted me to go with my family. So here I am. My mom came to me yesterday and said that she is willing to drive me home early. I'm not sure if that's what God is wanting me to do, but it could very well be provision. I'm looking for God's will, but mostly I'm looking for Him. I'm not a fabulous seeker but I'm blessed with having a Father who is.

3 comments:

Stephanie Hawn said...

thanks for the reminder to stop and be quiet and listen :)
have fun on vacation.

Stephanie Hawn said...

how do u get cool things on the side of ur blog? i must know this secret.

golden_blaze said...

they just recently added this box in the "Customize" section that says "Add a Gadget". i just went in there and clicked on fun and entertainment or something of that sort...