22 July, 2008

Dallas2Flint

So, I'm sitting on an airplane on the way from Dallas to Flint. I swear, the craziest things always happen to me. I'm sitting in seat A1, and Steven is in A2. We thought it was weird that we weren't sitting next to each other, but then we found out that they are single seats. So, I'm sitting all alone at the front of the plane with nothing to look at except the emergency exit door and the little food cart across from me. No wait, I take that back. I'm pretty much nose to nose with the flight attendant, Doris. She seems like a pretty nice person. One definate plus is that, if I need help, I don't need to push the call button. I can just reach up and tap her on the shoulder. What luck!
Here, we're taking off. Of course, a plane this size doesn't need a lot of thrust. A plain helium balloon would do just fine. That's not to say that this isn't a high tech flight. They even have a labeled cd player for the in-flight safety instructions. Most boring cd I've ever heard, though. I did notice, though, that the pilot had a dollar store bag to throw his garbage in. From here, I could probably reach it to throw my garbage in, too. I may even be able to help him out some.
I notice from my seat that they have an “employee of the year” plaque hanging on the wall. I wonder what Melissa did that was so great. Maybe she played a more exciting cd for the in-flight entertainment. Or maybe she gave away more bags of off-brand trail mix than anyone else. Who knows? Maybe she was even the one who came up with the armrest tray table. Now there's a good idea. The only problem is that you can't rest your arm and eat food off a steady surface at the same time. It's one or the other, but never both.
Boy, is it hot in here. Woops, I just tried to put the window down. Tried being the operative word. It got stuck halfway down. Oh well. I didn't need the view anyway. I've got this lovely emergency exit door to look at...

No comments: