02 July, 2008

faithful to forgive

At times, I have sinned against the Lord with little fear of Him in my heart. In fact, I show no fear of the Lord when I sin against Him so easily, and with only apathy in my heart and mind. I ask God at these times why He is always so quick to forgive me, even when I have broken His heart so deeply. I feel so dirty inside of myself that, even after I have asked for His forgiveness, I have trouble believing that He could forgive.
Yesterday was such a day. I did something that was totally out of line with His word and with everything I know is right. I felt that confessing to someone else would be out of the question, because no one would understand how horrible I felt. For this crime, against my Almighty Father, is not one that is looked upon in horror. I asked the Lord for forgiveness, and might have forgotten the entire experience momentarily. I felt conviction so deeply, however, that I couldn't keep myself from crying, and feeling hate towards the part of me that felt it was ok to sin in such a way.
When I asked the Father what I could do to "make it up to Him", He simply smiled at me and asked me to praise His wonderful name. What a God He is, to forgive at only our request! How could He not feel anger towards us, when we have wronged Him so deeply? Yet He forgives, time and time again. How much more should we forgive those who have sinned against us in such smaller terms!!!

P.S. I want to tell you that not all of the things that I write on here will be so deep and seemingly "eloquent". I just wanted to write this, now, for the sake of reminding you... and me...of the wonderful character of the Father.

No comments: